HPLC Method for Analysis of 1,4-Diaminobutane (Putrescine) on Obelisc R by SIELC Technologies
High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) Method for Analysis of 1,4-Diaminobutane (Putrescine)
Putrescine is a biogenic amine and organic compound with the chemical formula. It is a polyamine, which means it contains multiple amino groups. Putrescine is one of the naturally occurring polyamines found in living organisms and is involved in various biological processes.
- Putrescine is involved in cell growth, proliferation, and differentiation.
- It plays a role in the synthesis of other important molecules, including certain alkaloids and polyamine derivatives.
- Putrescine is produced by the decarboxylation of ornithine, an amino acid.
- Putrescine is part of a family of polyamines, which also includes spermidine and spermine.
- Polyamines are essential for cell growth, and their levels are tightly regulated in living cells.
Research and Applications:
- Putrescine and other polyamines have been studied for their roles in cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, and other health-related conditions.
- In some industries, putrescine is used as a chemical intermediate for the production of certain polymers and plastics.
Putrescine can be retained and analyzed using an Obelisc R mixed-mode stationary phase column. The analysis employs an isocratic method with a simple mobile phase consisting of water, acetonitrile (MeCN), and ammonium formate as a buffer. Detection is achieved using ELSD
|Obelisc R, 2.1 x 100 mm, 5 µm, 100 A
|MeCN/H2O – 50/50%
|Ammonium formate pH 3.0 – 20 mM
|ELSD, the nebulizer and evaporator temperatures 50°C,
with a gas flow rate of 1.6 Standard Liters per Minute (SLM)
|Class of Compounds